Military Academy Requirements
The deadline for receiving your completed nomination packet is OCTOBER 31st. It is the student's responsibility to ensure that all information is sent and postmarked no later than October 31st in order to assure that their application will be considered.
- Nominees are selected competitively.
- All applicants must be at least 17 years of age and not yet 22 on July 1st of the year of admission.
- Candidates are encouraged to contact as many sources as possible to seek a nomination.
- Candidates seeking a nomination from this office must have legal residence within the Third District of North Carolina to be considered for a nomination.
- Candidates must qualify medically and academically. Each academy will inform candidates of its requirements for the medical examination and physical aptitude tests.
- All candidates should request a pre-candidate questionnaire from the Academy or Academies of their choice. Academy admissions offices may eliminate from further consideration those candidates who do not meet minimum academic requirements.
- Applicants must submit the following to my Greenville, N.C. office on or before October 31st:
- a completed application form (secured from my office or website);
- a high school transcript through and including the junior year (the transcript must include a listing of class rank and grade point average);
- a copy of SAT and/or ACT scores
- essay (500 words or less) stating why you want to attend a service academy
- three letters of recommendation
- a recent photograph.
- Please contact my office if there are any questions or concerns during the application process.
Congressman Walter B. Jones
Attn: Academy Nominations
1105-C Corporate Drive
Greenville, N.C. 27858
(252) 931-1003 or (800) 351-1697
(252) 931-1002 fax